Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday 4 October 2014

Alden Biesen Fleur amour festival Belgium







Fleur amour is held every yeah at a castle in a the very small town of Bilzen.

I made the decision to stay in Brussels and commute to Bilzen for the florist's day which was held on the Monday.

I stayed at the hotel bloom! Which is right next door to a botanical gardens. ( how could I resist?) 
Quite a cool kitsch  place each room is decorated by a different artist.

It wasn't a terribly easy commute as even though I told the cab driver ce,ntraal station I was taken to the midi station. No harm done though the guy at the info desk set me right in the end! And a few more lost in translation moments on the way haha but my ditzy blondeness served me well as I found my way! 

The event was a real spectacle I felt quite overwhelmed and didn't know where to begin.

Having booked the florist day I was meant to get a free lunch which I somehow managed to miss I tried to go back to the central podium to watch a demo I waited along with a few other people for them to begin but nothing seemed to happen it seemed to be when they felt like it. But I got talking to some other British florists who were also freelance which was really lovely. I think I saw most things but the venue was so large no doubt I missed something's. It's just nice to be inspired. They had quite allot of sundries on sale too which was tempting but as I didn't have a large case I had to reign it in. 


I think if I was going to go again I would want to go for 2 days as the first evening they had a catwalk show, which sounded awesome. And then that would give me more time to get my bearings and watch more of the demonstrations.

But think I did pretty well for my first trip there. There is another one called winter flora held in Bruge too in November but we shall see! I have to admit I much preferred this event to Chelsea it really is for florists and you can get close to all the arrangements. I was very much trying to stick my head into things and try and work out how they had done it! 












No comments:

Post a Comment